Moving on Moving Up
P7 Moving Forward Booklet>> Lesson Plan For P7 Transition Booklet
R7 Ag Bogadh ar Aghaidh
The following Booklet is an Irish Language Translation for the P7 Moving forward booklet and Lesson Plan to help and support those moving up into Post Primary School.>> GAE Lesson Plan For P7 Transition Booklet
Year 10 Transition Handouts
Transition into GCSE
>> Download Transition in GCSE Handout
Moving Schools: Transitioning from Year 10 to year 11
This handout is designed to help pupils who are transferring from one post primary school to another post primary school at the end of their year 10 as they move into their GCSEs years.
Click to download the Moving Schools:- Transitioning from Year 10 to year 11 document.>> Year 10 Transition Handout
Transition & Me Booklet
This is a booklet to help Young People living in SHSCT (Social Health & Social Care Trust) who have a disability and who are preparing for Transition
Click to download the Transition & Me Booklet:>> Download:Transition & Me Booklet (.pdf)
Some Information about Learning Support Centres
The following videos are designed to give parents an understanding of how LSC (Learning Support centres) work in both Primary and Post Primary Schools. If your child is transitioning to a LSC hopefully the information provided will be helpful.
LSC – Primary
LSC – Post Primary
EWS Transition Booklet
Click to download the EWS Transition Booklet:>> Download: EWS Transition Booklet (.docx)
Miss School Miss Out
Lesson Plan – Miss School Miss Out>> Download: Lesson Plan (.docx)
An Interview with Noeleen McNamee
1. LSC: Introduction
2. LSC: If a parent believes their child child has special education needs…?
3. LSC: Who will be my first point of contact when my child starts secondary school?
4. LSC: How do secondary schools review the progress of a student with special educational needs?
5. LSC: How does a LSC enable their students to engage in the school’s curriculum?
6. LSC: Generally how big are the classes?
7. LSC: What arrangements are in place for meeting parents of the pupils in the LSC for support or to update them on their children’s progress?
8. What is in place to support a student if they are being bullied?
9. Will a student in LSC do the same exams as the mainstream and if so how will a school support them?
10. How will the LSC support students with the next phase of their education/employment?
Useful Links: Special Education
>> Enable NI
>> People 1st